Fight the fire!


10:00 am : While I am in the middle of sending frantic emails, getting done some pending work order estimates, munching on my half eaten sandwich and passive trotting on a phone conversation (yes I DO need a clone)  the block fire alarm goes blaring out loud!

10:01 am : Oh please.. I don’t have time for a drill! Some other time fellas (no interruption in my work)


10:03 am : OK! This is no drill.. RUN.. WAIT.. grab your wallet.. and your car keys.. and your laptop (some disorders that come when you have been working too long.. ur love for your office essentials!!)


10:05 am : Outside the building with two huge fire wagons and handsome fire fighters (don’t know if it was the dull morning or just me) doing what they do the best.. Display COURAGE, CONFIDENCE and Fight fire with fire. (Though I still hadn’t figured where the fire was!!!)



"I'm usually a quiet type, but I talk way too much when I get nervous." A fine gentleman wearing crisp white shirt, may be in late 30’s, holding a tumbler and a tablet speaks from behind me. From the first look I knew he was non-Siemens.. all men in my building feel pride in wearing shirt with Siemens embroidered on it!


 ~Finding uncanny~ looking back with a partial smile, acknowledge.


20 minutes and Few more un-important conversations later..


“What?? (Me all stumbled) ”


“I haven’t been to any restaurant in last 1-2yrs.. I always do take out”

(It’s a huge deal for an American)


“Yes, I can’t afford being out in a crowded area.” “There is no way I can take the risk of carrying any infections back home” 


Crowd disperses.. appears that a short circuit had taken us globetrotting ..


  
I still shocked of what I had heard.. and a bit shaken, dragged myself back.. I also saw this gentlemen entering my office.. I was wrong.. he did work in the same branch.



The person who gave me a unsettling impression at first had suddenly transformed protagonist!

As I deliberately passed his cubicle with intention to get another glimpse of brave heart I met.. a note outside his cubicle read :




We all have loved ones in our life.. some we adore.. some we take for granted. This made me ponder on situations life can put one in and how bravely one can handle them, just as those fire fighters I saw this morning. Courage is not absence of fear, but the judgment that something else is more important than fear!

Life is short.. They DID raise the bar for me..

I feel like I’m on autopilot every day. I get up, cook, do motherly chores, go to work, go home, run some errands, and go to sleep. And that’s a scary place to be. Cause I’ve got dreams.

 

4 comments:

myharshal April 21, 2015 at 6:27 AM  

मी विचार करतोय की ही घटना भारतात घडली असती तर???

myharshal April 21, 2015 at 6:28 AM  

मी विचार करतोय की ही घटना भारतात घडली असती तर???

Aboli April 21, 2015 at 9:41 AM  

Harshal : India madhe ghadli asti tar me mage walun pan nasta baghitla ;-)

Unknown June 24, 2015 at 6:30 AM  

Very touching

Post a Comment

Things I Babble About

The Chief

My Photo
Aboli
Well!! It’s a lil Knotty to depict me easily… I often find myself hosting numerous mosaic qualities… Extremely amicable, optimist, happy-go-lucky, flamboyant, spiritual, Talkative, lazy, dumb, artistic, romantic, daredevil, technical are some of my alias….. To know more.. stay connected ! :-)
View my complete profile

Itsy Bitsy Club