Sweet sorrows

For all who have been cribbing that I don’t show up on any plans, here are some updates from my end - Last few weeks have been vastly hectic, my bro got admit to pursue his Masters so I've been working on my alliance of logging things to carry, shopping (no complains on this), bundling and finally bulletin these items so bee (for those joining late this is wat i call my bro Sagar) knows where's what in those bags!

Meanwhile befell celebration time during Rakhi, my favorite festival as I earn a lot get to splurge time wid all my much-loved brothers! I was insisting bee this time he should surprise gift me things I wanted but meano’s as younger ones are he thinks I get unreasonable ( a pug lion leopard & jewelry). Damn that guy. So I had to accept his regular cash packed with that conventional looks which says I am smiling bcz am ur bro and laughing cz there is nothing much you can do about it !

It was all well till the day of his departure arrived, which was when I got cognizant of what it actually meant!! We were flocked with so many guests leaving hardly any segment of him for SIMPLY me. Just then the cab arrived, we prayed together … that’s when I couldn’t stop my flow of emotions and choked up. It took a lot to oppress my untamed behavior... I swore wouldn't bawl in front of bee till the while he departs.. After reaching the airport saw him unite with so many other friends who linked him for LA… felt really light.. plunking all those thoughts and worries to rest!

I could barely sleep that night... when I woke up I just blindly entered bee's room to find it .... Empty... :-(... the room was clean, things were in place, PC was shut, I didn’t have my pet there whom I could wake up sneaking in his blanket, pulling his hair, dabbing my cold hands over his stomach, or simply joining him for a second round of nap! The most horrible morning had just started!!

I went to the washroom.. the toilet seat was covered... my whole set of lotions, soaps, gels all in place.. man how much i missed yelling explaining him to keep my things in place… my morning felt so incomplete without it! ~~Tapak Tapak~~ and then the stream didn’t cease for a long time..

I had to gobble my breakfast with no fights, no competitions, no lecture from mom who refers her dear son for lessons on good food habits…

I couldn’t imagine going to office without my chauffer buddy who always had no option but to listen to my gossips even though he hates them the most! I mean What's the good of news if you haven't a brother to share it? There were no exchange blows for remote… I could watch all my programs which he articles “complete nonsense”. I didn’t have to battle to lie on ma’s lap… though I must admit I didn’t enjoy winning her without a contest! I later cleared up his room and both ma n me couldn’t stop recalling epics associated with every single thing present… These small memoirs multiplied and kept drumming in my mind !!

There is a little boy inside the guy who is my brother.Oh, how I hated that little boy. And how I love him too. It was nice growing up with someone like bee - someone to lean on, someone to count on... someone to tell on!

Days are pretty dull now… hopefully time will heel this soon! It sure now looked as one hard decision, especially because this was the first time he left home but like loads refute education is important and once done he would make us proud :)

Also one of my friend suggested that the brighter side to it was I would get more gifts ;)

Sagar, please make sure that you don’t prove her wrong!









15 comments:

Unknown August 9, 2009 at 11:36 AM  

Beautiful.......

I wish you would have a business visit to LA sooner !

Tushar August 10, 2009 at 12:37 AM  

Awesome...u have narrated it so well that i was Aboli while reading, i could actually see everymoment written...anyways, see the brighter side and be happy...thats all i can say...It was beautifully written...Hats off..

Snehal August 10, 2009 at 3:18 AM  

hey dont worry
we all miss him....
i m your pet....

Anonymous August 10, 2009 at 4:12 AM  

Harshal says:

tu khup chan english lihites..
sopya shabdat lihites.
mala evdha chan lihita yet nahi english madhye.

Aboli August 10, 2009 at 5:01 AM  

Thanks you guys !!
@Snehal u bet ur my new pet !!
@Harshal - mi shikawte na tula... tu faqt sang kay shikayche te :D

Shweta Garg August 10, 2009 at 7:38 AM  

Wow so well written...I can totally understand how u feel rite now...I also miss my bro after reading this article....Hey when did this happen? Which university? U shud also come here soon!

Kaustubh August 10, 2009 at 9:57 AM  

All the emotions have found their right place....this is really well written. And one more thing i liked was the striked out lines ... what you meant to write vs what you actually wrote ... hehe. all in all one fab writeup by you! kudos again.

Aboli August 10, 2009 at 11:08 AM  

@Shwets : Sagar joined USC last week... yea i am waiting for him to send me the tckts... bt according to him am much later on the list :(
@KSP : tere se inspiration liya hai blog likhne ko toh mehnat to karni hogi na to keep u glued ;)

S Tiwari August 10, 2009 at 7:48 PM  

B'fully written and well articulated...:).
Sweet sorrows would bring rejoice..ohh I mean gifts...thou shouldn't worry :).wait for the honey(gift) bee.

Aboli August 11, 2009 at 9:35 AM  

@Satendra : Yeaa.. sure i am waiting for many such honey-bee's

Mahesh August 13, 2009 at 10:16 AM  

Its
Spontaneous, Cute, vividly lucid, lucidly vivid, 'teary-eye' inducing, heartfelt, warmly endearing and above all unabashedly genuine coz it takes some conviction to put your raw emotions out into the public domain :)
Thanks for sharing this bitter-sweet experience.

The collage is a neat piece of work as well. You could think about slipping in one of your bachpan ka photo taken with 'bee', that sure will add a touch of nostalgia to it :)

Aboli August 13, 2009 at 10:18 AM  

@Mahesh : Thanks for those generous comments :) hey that is a cool idea.. i think i need to dig in some cool pics of us two !! i have many... just need to get them scanned ;)

Unknown August 14, 2009 at 6:12 AM  

WOW. Reaaly touchy.

It was hard to say him goodbye the day on airport, but it was harder to read this. u actually brought tears into my eyes.

Sagar wud really mean the song ' phulo ka taro ka sabka kehna hai, ek hazaro mein meri Behna hai'

I am sure Sagar will Rock in LA n make u (all of us) feel proud.

Aboli August 15, 2009 at 8:48 PM  

@Jiju : I completely agree wid u on the song part of it ;) i hope bee does too :D

Unknown August 16, 2009 at 3:09 AM  

Nicely written. U r an articulate speaker .....

--Paresh

Post a Comment

Things I Babble About

The Chief

My Photo
Aboli
Well!! It’s a lil Knotty to depict me easily… I often find myself hosting numerous mosaic qualities… Extremely amicable, optimist, happy-go-lucky, flamboyant, spiritual, Talkative, lazy, dumb, artistic, romantic, daredevil, technical are some of my alias….. To know more.. stay connected ! :-)
View my complete profile

Itsy Bitsy Club